Tuesday, September 24, 2024

Eliza and the Apple Doughnut

 Once upon a time, I went to the grocery store for milk.  While I was there, the doughnuts caught my eye and I asked my girls which kinds they would choose.  

"I'd like the chocolate glaze!" said Gwendolyn

"mmmm, the long creme filled one!" Lucie exclaimed, jumping up and down. 

"Apple!" Eliza said emphatically.  

I was skeptical. 

"Are you sure you don't want the chocolate covered one with pink sprinkles?" I asked.

Eliza looked through the glass case.  

"No, I want the apple one!"


We left the store with our milk and our precious box of doughnuts.  At home, after eating our lunch, the girls each got their doughnuts.  

As I was washing the dishes, I heard "Mommy! Mommy, my doughnut is filled with ewwy stuff! I don't like this!"  

I turned around to see Eliza picking out all of the apple filling that was in her doughnut.  


The End.

No comments: