Friday, July 22, 2011

Dry as a bone...

I don't know if it can be called a drought, but I know that the ground is dry as a bone and we are in desperate need of some rain.

We have been irrigating everything within reach of the wells. Our back yard though, has clearly gone down the tubes.

It's pretty obvious that we haven't been watering that! :D



We decided to put up this black shroud. It is meant for the greenhouse: it is used to drape over it and it is supposed to to deflect the sunlight. Since we don't use it in the greenhouse, my dad thought it might work over celery and lettuce which we just planted.






These poor beans...





On Thursday when I was at market, it was 116 degrees. Today it was 104. People around the area are calling it "the wave." Whatever it is, I hope it goes away soon so that our crops don't completely "bite the dust." :D






No comments: