Thursday, November 28, 2013

Happy Thanksgiving!!!!


 A few things I am thankful for:
 
 
#1: I'm thankful for my family and for their support and love.  I think often about who I would be if I had grown up in a different family.  Every time I think this, I am reminded of how much I take for granted.  I need to always be grateful for the loving family that I have.
 
 
#2: I am thankful for the gift of music.  I'm thankful to my mom for teaching me piano, and I'm thankful to my two violin teachers for teaching me the basics of violin.  Music is such an integral part of my life and all too often, I take this gift for granted.

 
#3: I'm thankful for nature.  I'm thankful that God knew what He was doing when he made our earth!  I'm especially thankful for the seasons.  Recently here, the leaves have all been falling, so when I went on a walk the other day, I saw this.  It made me thankful.

 
#4: I'm so thankful for my nieces and nephew.  They're adorable, they love me, and I miss them so much!  I can't wait to be able to hold them and spoil them again in just 20 days!

 
#5: I'm so thankful for my extension church, Mountain View Baptist.  I have the privilege of going down to this church every Sunday with a team and I am able to play the piano for all of the services.  I love this group of people and they've already changed my life!

 
#6: I'm so thankful for my two closest friends in college.  I miss them soo much as they both graduated last year. 

 
#7: I'm really thankful for the wonderful roommates I have this year!  They are all such a help to me and they always have good attitudes about all the nit-picky things I care about in the room.  They are awesome!

 
#8: I'm so thankful for all of the music classes I've been able to take with Dr. Z.  I've learned so so much under his teaching.  This is a picture of the Music Theory 4 class last semester.  I learned so much theory in this class and I often felt like I couldn't make it through the class as if was very very difficult.  But I made it through, and I'm definitely experiencing real-life tests in teaching regarding music theory. 

 
#9: I'm so thankful for my job! I know, McDonalds is not the ideal job, and perhaps not what I want to be doing for the rest of my life, but I have a wonderful crew to work with, wonderful managers who seem to like me.  I am never questioned when I tell them I won't work Wednesdays or Sundays due to church, they respect my dress convictions, and they all are so friendly and kind.  I am so thankful for my job!

 
#10: I am so thankful for my dear friends Lois and Joyce.  I met them in my sophomore year and they have since been so kind to me!  They invite me over whenever I feel like, allow me to study at their home, take me to Alice's - the best steak and rice place in the world! :) And they are just so sweet.  I'm so thankful!

 
These are only 10 of the things I am thankful for.  There are SOOOOOOOO many others!  Have a lovely Thanksgiving Day!
 

No comments: