Tuesday, August 7, 2012

Swim Reunion

When my mom was in high school, she was a member of the YWCA's synchronized swim team.  This year marked the 40th (I think) year of the team, so there was a reunion.  I acted as chauffeur and drove her to the picnic and hung out, meeting some of her old friends on the team. 

The reunion was held at the old YWCA campsite.  It was soooo beautiful back in the woods and away from traffic and the hustle-bustle of normality. 
I loved this old bridge and just had to take a picture of it. 





Some of the cabins where campers would stay



My mom, with two of her friends from the team.  I was glad I was able to meet them...



I made a trip to the river..




And, that's it for now!  Boring post, but it was a nice time for me and my mom.  The food at the reunion was amazing!  :D  Also, I got to see my mom with her friends from high school and they were able to reminisce a little about their younger days.  It was nice to see.

No comments: