Monday, February 3, 2014

Roadtripping Across the US

This time going back to school, I decided to road trip with two friends.  My original plan was to take a picture of each state sign...after this first sign for West Virginia, that plan went in the tank. 
 
 

 
These guys kept me awake for hours while I was driving.  Did you know that it takes a talent to peel a tangerine while driving?  I got pretty fast at it too...

 
We stopped at this trading post because I insisted on it.  It turned out to be fake goods anyway...they were shipped from China!

 
We did get to talk to Sacajawea though....


 
We were looking for a place to eat and saw signs for a world-famous cafe on old Route 66, so we got off and followed the signs.  Unfortunately, the cafe was closed, but it just happened to be right by this sign in Texas...the midpoint between Chicago and Los Angeles.  How cool!



 
I talked to a buffalo and got directions the rest of the way to California

 
And then hitchhiked.  No, I didn't really.  But I did take a picture with the Welcome to New Mexico sign. 
 
 
It was a fun road trip, aside from being very tired and feeling like the day was never going to end since we kept moving our clocks back and back...
 
I made it safely and I'm planning to do it again next fall with my own car. 
So far, classes have barely started.  I'm sure I'll be posting about my new job pretty soon.  :)


No comments: