Saturday, March 8, 2014

Banqueting with friends

Every semester my school has a big banquet for the students to go to.  Primarily, they want it to be a formal event that guys ask girls too, like a prom or ball.  Except for us, there is food and a skit and preaching.  Anyway...I've been to one in my four years of college.  Not because I didn't have someone ask me most semester's, but because I think dressing up in fancy clothes and eating food is awkward. 
 
Well this year my three closest friends on campus insisted I go with them.  I had to borrow a dress, since I don't ever bring them to school from home.  I ended up having a lot of fun with my friends and it wasn't awkward in the least. 
 
 
We took a lot of goofy pictures.  This is Sarah and Marianna.  I'm so excited that I was asked to be a bridesmaid in Sarah's wedding in June.  I'm excited for that!
 
 
Me and Kim were sampling the hors d' oeuvres- Humus and veggies.


We sat right beside my old roommate from Junior year!  So we were acting goofy too.  She's married now and living back in the area.

 
The theme was Arabian Nights, so they had some cool decorations. 



 
After the banquet, I went back to my room and ate  four packets of fun dip.  My tongue turned green....;)

 
Anyway, I'm sorry it has been such a long time!  My life has been slightly hectic here of late.  :)I'll write more later!

No comments: