Monday, March 7, 2016

Renovations

Good morning!  We have been keeping very busy with trying to fix up our house!  We started by buying blinds for all of the windows...
Since I have never lived in the city before, it was strange for me to see people constantly walking by JUST outside my front door and window. 
 
I am so thankful to have such a hard-working and skilled fiancé.  It seems like he is able to fix everything! I scraped the chipping paint in the living room, dining room and staircase.  The kitchen was more than just chipping paint, the entire wall was coming down as I was scraping it.  When I finished that, Dan went through and put drywall mud in all of the holes.  I took quite a few pictures during the process.  :-) 
 
 
 
 
OH! And we also are blessed to not have to buy a stove, refrigerator, washing machine or dryer!  They all were in the house when we bought it, and after a lot of scrubbing and cleaning, they all work!
 
The refrigerator was the hardest to clean up.  But this is the stove. 
 







 
 
Dan also worked very hard on the radiators in the house.  We had to go get some "new" used ones and Dan fixed them all up and installed them.  
 
 
 
 
Another little thing I get to brag on Dan about...
He repiped the whole house and got the shower in the basement working.  I can't wait to post new pictures of the upstairs bathroom before and after!  But I will save that for ANOTHER post!
 
 


As a sidenote:  There are only 54 more days until I get married!








2 comments:

The K. Family said...

That's pretty exciting! I love the character the old houses have and will enjoy seeing you make it into a home!

Rachel Zupke said...

Wow, Virginia! Congratulations! I am so very excited for you!! I just happened to look at your blog today and saw that you are engaged! I love the engagement pictures. Exciting! Remember our days back in music camp at Pensacola? Good memories!
May God continue to lead and guide you as you become a wife! =) love, rachel zupke