Friday, November 17, 2017

Weekly happenings in Granville

Some exciting things have happened in Granville lately.  Let me first say that the Thanksgiving season came SO QUICKLY this year!  I had been hearing all about how gorgeous the autumn leaves would be up here, so I had my eyes open, on the lookout for those colors!
One day, the leaves were starting to turn a rusty brown color, and then we got this huge rain and wind storm in the night.  When we awoke, the leaves that were still on the trees were completely dark brown.  So we missed the beautiful colors this fall. 
 
But the crisp, fall (and winter) air is here to stay! 
On October 27th, our church held a family and friends night.  We had a bonfire, and hotdogs and hamburgers as well as s'mores. 
  

 
We were so excited to have quite a few visitors there!


 
I think everyone had a nice time. 

 
I celebrated my 26th birthday last week.  Dan bought me some candles (I had been out of candles for a long time and missed them!) and took me to dinner.  It was a nice birthday. 
 
On Saturday, it snowed here!  That was the second time it snowed.  Of course it blew around more than anything. 

 
 
People up here think I'm crazy, but I love snow and winter!  The worst thing about the snowy weather will be having to cancel church services. 
I absolutely love church, and I'll miss it when we can't have it.

 
On Fridays, we always go to the local nursing home and sing songs and Dan preaches a short message.  This past week, we finished our service, and the staff started gathering together all of the residents into the dining hall.  They were going to have a small ceremony to honor all of the resident veterans!  So we stayed for that.  I really enjoyed it.  We DID sing the Star Spangled Banner (accompanied by a cd track) and it was arranged for an orchestra, not a choir.  As a result, I was jumping octaves the whole time, and Dan was the only brave soul to sing a G above middle C.  haha!
 
 
 
 
 This is the picture Dan took of all of the veterans. 
 
I was going to post a few videos of our little dog, doing some tricks, but they wont upload for some reason, so I'll post them next time. 
Until later!
 
 

No comments: