Wednesday, August 7, 2019

Independence Day, a month late

Prepare yourselves, readers!  I haven't posted in over a month, and I have a lot of photos to make up for it!  In July, we were so excited to be able to make the trip down to Pennsylvania to spend Independence Day with my family.  We left New York on Monday morning, and began the trip in our new-to-us minivan.  By the way, making a roadtrip in a minivan is like luxury on wheels! 
 
We only stopped for gas and once at McDonalds to use the restroom and indulge in a little junk food.    
 
 
 
Dan wanted to get Gwen a little happy meal.  She enjoyed the chocolate milk the most I think.  The toy entertained her for a few hours. 
 
 
We made it safely to my parents house by evening.  Gwendolyn enjoyed exploring and "helping" load the truck for market and "picking" cherry tomatoes.
 

 
 

 
She also loved seeing her cousins, and Lucie got to meet them for the first time.

 
 
That evening, we relaxed with my parents until it was bedtime.
 


 
The next day, we went to BB's, and then to my grandparents house.  I was glad Lucinda could meet her great grandparents.  Grandma went all out and prepared a serious picnic lunch for us even though she wasn't feeling the greatest. 



 
Gwennie loved taking rides in grandpa's wagon.  She loved it so much that she would cry when we'd go to take her out.  We ended up buying one for her last week.  She gets a wagon ride each evening. 
Dan and Gwen picked up sticks in the yard and threw them in the burn barrel.


 
Our feast!

 
Gwen was also fascinated by Grandpa's walker.  She kept wanting to climb up on it.

 
It was a breezy day and grandpa has little windmills he's built all over the yard.  Every time the blades would move, Gwen would shriek "PAM, PAM" (that's her word for "fan", which she thought the windmills were)

 
 
The next day was the Fourth of July!  My sister was so kind as to find someone online who was selling this double jogging stroller.  She went and picked it up and gave it to us, because she knew I'd been looking for one for awhile.  Each time I would find one, as soon as I messaged the seller, they informed me it was sold already.  I'm so thankful for it.  It makes going on walks much easier!!
 
Dan wanted to try it out by walking on some trails at Fuller lake.  We went...but the place was PACKED with people. 

 
We ended up walking to the Pine Grove Furnace, looked around a bit, and then rushed back to the van before the heavens opened.  There was a huge black cloud coming, and we didn't want to fight traffic leaving the park. 

 
Later that evening, we all met up at my sister Lydia's house for yummy food and fun! The kids had a candy scramble which I missed because I was in the house...

 
My mother with Gwendolyn and Lucie

 
All of us, except my mom and Dan (who was taking this picture), Sarah and her family and Oliver and his family. 

 
 

Lucie and Misael enjoyed some naptime together.
 

 


 
Dan, holding the two youngest babies in the family.  Lucie and Misael.

 
There was also a candy scramble for the little babies!  It was hilarious!! I've included a video for your enjoyment.

 
 
 
Tamara and I with our 2019 babies!

 
Daddy and Lydia and a plate of cucumbers

 
Mark and Dan

 
Eight of my nieces and nephews with Dan and Gwendolyn

 
The 'babies' minus Misael.

 
After the candy scrambles and eating for awhile, Mark and Ryan set off some small fireworks for the kids and some sparklers.  This is what Gwendolyn thought of them...
 
 
 
We drove home on Friday morning.  Stopped at our favorite rest stop on the way home and took a few photos while Gwen walked around and amused everyone. 
 
 
I had such a nice time, and I was so happy to be able to go to my parents church while we were in town.  I miss everyone there so much sometimes.  They really are like family, since I grew up with most of the members there.  I'm already looking forward to our next trip to see everyone in November to celebrate Thanksgiving. 
 
My next post will be Vacation Bible School 2019!  We just finished it and it was FABULOUS! Check back soon!

No comments: