Thursday, September 16, 2021

Conference and Garden Harvest

Back in July, I was asked by my friend if we were planning to come to a conference in New Jersery for pastors, their families, and church workers.  She gave me all the information I would need, we registered to attend (this all happened in the space of a week or so) and left on a Tuesday to head down there.  

It was a huge blessing that the hosting church was sooo kind to put pastors and their families up in hotels for free, as well as giving us a huge welcome basket!  In the 3 nights we were staying at our hotel, I got so spoiled.  I would wake up, feed Eliza, then put her back to sleep and slip downstairs for the 6AM continental breakfast.  I'd eat, then bring back up to the room a plate of breakfast for the girls to eat while Dan would go down to eat.  I was certainly spoiled by not needing to make my own breakfast, and being able to enjoy it without feeding someone else!  

This is a photo of me, living the life, riding the elevator back up to our room with a blueberry muffin.  


It was Eliza's first stay in a hotel.



Each service/session had childcare available and by the last day, Lucie was so scared to go to the classroom it wasn't funny.  She would start crying the moment we walked into church.  So we kept her with us for the last evening.  

I was so happy to be able to spend a little time with my dear friend Sarah.  She is the one who told me about the conference. We have been friends since college and I was in her wedding and she came to mine.  


It was a great time of refreshment and renewal.  It is also fantastic to hear phenomenal sermons all day for several days.  Very good for both Dan and I. 

On our way home, we saw this beautiful double rainbow. 


In just the few weeks of busy-ness and short trips (even the disastrous Maine one), the garden really started producing huge amounts of vegetables!  

My carrot crop was small, but I was so happy because this is the first real harvest I've ever gotten of carrots! I was able to can 4 pint jars of them.


Beans and Peas


Squash and Zucchini and Cucumbers


I had so many cucumbers that I tried my hand at making pickles.  We shall see how they taste.



I'm very much enjoying picking a bouquet of my zinnias every week.  


Some of our corn---it was so GOOD!


Watermelon


We had so much zucchini and we gave away soo much, but still had leftovers.  So I made a bunch of zucchini bread and gave it out at church. 


We've certainly been blessed with a great harvest this year! 
More about that to come!  
But I have to go for now because the children have awaken from their mid-afternoon naps!  
Until next time!

 

No comments: