Friday, July 3, 2009

The True story of the Bat

Well, tonight was one of the WORST nights I've ever had!
As Martha and I got ready for bed, we heard a really weird noise, like a really loud chirping. I thought, "wow, that is a LOUD bird!"
I forgot about it though. and went to bed around 10:30,
and was awaken at 11:00 by my Dad, Sarah, and Lydia.
Lydia had found a bat flying around in her room, so there was quite a bit of screaming. They looked over Sarah's room, and didn't find any bats, so they came to me and Martha's room. After Daddy looked around with the flyswatter, he said that there were no bats in our room.
Finally, after being convinced that there were no bats, I went back to sleep.
At 2:30, I woke up (which is REALLY weird for me! I always sleep without waking up) and felt something light and feathery on my leg. I brushed it off, thinking that it was probably my cover of something. Then I heard a loud chirping right next to my face.
I have NEVER screamed that loud, OR jumped out of my bunk bed that fast! Of course, Martha was like, "WHAT???WHAT HAPPENED?!?!?!?!" And Sarah (who's right next door) was saying, "calm DOWN, Virginia!!!!"
Sarah went and got Daddy, while I tried to keep an eye on the bat, who was now sitting on my pillow!!!!! (GROSS!)
Anyway, Daddy came and killed it, and I went and scrubbed my leg! I didn't want to sleep in my bed then, but after I took off all of my pillows and sheets, I just slept on the mattress.
ooh, it was one of the worst nights I've ever had.
So, I've had my experience with bats, and I've discovered that I do NOT like night-creatures!
In my house at any rate!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

It was a sticky trap, not a flyswatter. A sticky trap makes the story much better. :D

Cora Beth said...

Oh gross!!! I sincerely hope that that was the worst nights sleep you'll ever have!

*~Virginia~* said...

sticky trap.....ok, SARAH!!!!!:)
haha, I hope the same Cora!!!:)

Hartley Family Blog said...

Gross! I hope that never happens again!

Elsa said...

There seems to be a trend here,with every other comment containing the word "gross". Alas. If I would continue the trend,then I cannot use "gross". So,my poor Virginia,I will call your experience "disturbing";which I consider more fitting anyway. At least it was a mammal and not some dreadful arachnid. May all your future beds be bat-free!

*~Virginia~* said...

I would much rather have a member of the arachnid family, than the mammal. Feeling legs crawling up your leg is much less frightening than feeling feathers and hair.
and thank you, thank you!:)