Sunday, October 14, 2012

Thankfulness

 
I know it isn't Thanksgiving Day, and I know that there is over a month UNTIL Thanksgiving...but I'm getting into the spirit already. 
Recently, I've just been thinking of things that I commonly take for granted which I should be thankful for. 
 
 


I have a job, and though it isn't an executive position or even something impressive, realizing how many people in this economy are looking for jobs and can't find them makes me all the more thankful for the job that I have. 
 
 
Recently, I heard the stories of two of my fellow college-mates.  For the one girl, her mother passed away suddenly last year, with no illness or symptoms of an illness. 
For the other girl, her parents were missionaries in Mexico and her parents were killed by drug lords and she was forced to watch. 
I thought, "My parents are still alive..."
I have so much to be thankful for. 
 
I am in the Nursing Home ministry here at college.
The past three weeks, I have met different elderly people who have told me they were homeless because their families turned them out...
My family's never turned me out.
 
I am privileged to be able to go to one of the best Bible colleges in the world (I think),
 
I have two beautiful, healthy nieces and a nephew on the way,
 
I have 3 meals to eat every day,
 
I have wonderful friends who encourage and help me,
 
I have God in my life,
what more could I want?
 
I know all of this to be true, yet I find myself complaining sometimes...
This post is not so much for the public to read, as much as it is for me to look back on and read when I begin complaining and having a bad attitude. 
 
I have more to be thankful for than anyone else I know.



2 comments:

Rachel Zupke said...

Thank you for the reminder, Gini!

I way too often forget to be thankful as well...

(It is Thanksgiving in Canada) =)

*~Virginia~* said...

Love and miss you Rachel! :)