Sunday, February 17, 2013

My college life...

I feel like, though I've been posting on here, I haven't been saying much.  Just ranting and telling you all about my pet-peeves.  :)  I decided that I would make this post strictly about what I've been up to. 
 
 
 
This semester I started with 17 credits in school, but dropped one class since it was not needed for my major.  So I now have 15 credits I am taking.  Compared to the 21 I took last semester, I figured this would be a cake-walk.  The hard thing about those 15 credits is that eight out of my ten classes are music classes.  Music classes=harder than any other classes I could take.  :)  and since Music is my major, I must get good grades on all of those classes. 
I think 15 is still better than 21, but this semester my classes are much more difficult.  I'm enjoying the challenge though. 
The classes I am taking are Music Theory 4, Music Theory Lab 4, Piano Pedagogy, Christian Womanhood, Private Piano lessons, Performance Class, Music Seminar, Choral Conducting, OT Judges, Philosophy of Music
Since I got back to California, I've been on the schedule at work about 4 days a week!  So my typical work week is 20-25 hours. 
 
I'm still in the handbell group-we had our first practice on Wednesday: I know I already like the songs we'll be playing.  I'm in the orchestra as well.  I told the conductor that I wouldn't be able to make it to many practices since I work on Thursdays and Fridays, but he said he would still like for me to be a part of the orchestra.  So that is fun!
 
Those things combined manage to keep me out of trouble and keep me busy...:)
 
That's about it!  Next time I post, I'll try to post something more interesting.  :)
 


No comments: