Wednesday, August 14, 2013

A Storm's a'brewin!

These pictures were taken last month, but I thought they were pretty cool.  We have a mini forest (really its pretty small) at the back of our 5 acres and when we had a storm about a month ago, it brought down one of our trees. 
 

The whole area looked kind of like a wreck!



 
 
This is the tree that was struck by lightning




I was pretty surprised :)

 
There was one branch that completely penetrated the ground!  It was soo cool.  I could lean on it with all my body weight and it wouldn't budge.  Pretty crazy...




Anyway, this is one of those posts...where I took too many pictures and the "story" really wasn't very interesting!  :)  (Except for the branch that went straight into the ground...that was pretty cool).  Besides this small event, I've been keeping very busy on the farm! Hard to believe that I have less than 2 1/2 weeks until I head back to college! This summer has been flying by!  And, it's my last summer as a college student pursuing my bachelors degree!  So...in theses next few weeks, I will attempt to keep this blog up-to-par with my life. :)  Until next time!

No comments: