Thursday, December 5, 2013

Beauty in California

Two Sundays ago, I was able to go to a park in California where I saw greenery!  It may sound funny that I was so excited to see that, but in Lancaster, you see Joshua trees, dust, sand and not much else.  So when we were able to see green grass and a body of water...it was beautiful!  My extension church took me and my two friends Kelsey and Josh to this park for the afternoon and a picnic. 
 






 
It was relaxing and beautiful!  I hope you all had a wonderful Thanksgiving day!  I know I did!  I ate so much...and half-watched football.  My favorite part was when we all wrote down the things we are thankful for and then went around the room reading each other's "thankful" cards.  Some of the kids in the family got into it and filled up their entire card with things they were thankful for!  It was a little convicting to me...I have so many things to be thankful for that I should take the time to thank God for each one.  This trip to the park is just one of the things I was so thankful for. 


No comments: