Saturday, April 12, 2014

Judging Fine Arts

I had the opportunity to judge in a Fine Arts competition in Visalia CA again this year.  I had so much fun going with one of my best friends, Sarah.  We were running ahead of schedule so we pulled off the highway at the Cesar Chavez center to look around.  Turns out it was Cesar Chavez' grave site!
 



 
Anyway, it was a little random, but very pretty.  When we got to Visalia, I was able to be the head judge in the Instrumental music department.  It was so much fun!  And I was able to see my dear friend Grecia from my freshman year of college.

 
We went for a walk in the park and I found this dead fish by the side of the pond. 
Don't ask me why I thought it would be cool to pick up...Grecia was taking a video and I didn't realize she was too...
 


 
The last day I said goodbye to my new friends and then headed back to college.

 
I saw a huge rainbow!  But by the time I pulled over, it was almost gone :(

 
I just love the scenery in California...it's so diverse.

 
Anyway, I had a great time at Fine Arts.  I hope to be able to go again next year!

No comments: