Saturday, October 25, 2014

Ocean View and Acton, CA

One of the versatile things about living in California is that I can drive 45 minutes and be in the mountains with hiking and potentially seeing bears and mountain lions...I can drive an hour and be at the ocean, drive 1 minute and be in the complete desert with nothing but Joshua trees and tumbleweed...and the list goes on.  California is pretty diverse.  So while I am planning to go hiking one of these Saturdays, a few weeks ago I visited the ocean.  There were not many people there at the beach which was why I went. 
 
 

 
On the drive home, I pulled off the freeway at Acton, another historic town.  It is so small that you can literally blink and miss it.  Which is why I was trying very hard not to miss it. 
 

 
These pictures got out of order...but ah well. 



 
This is the little church that was one of the original buildings in Acton, a western town which nearly became the capital of California back in the day, believe it or not! 

 
I only ever post pictures on here of me having fun and going on adventures.  But lest my blog followers think that I live for fun and adventure, I feel compelled to point out that I work all week long. :)  Only my Saturdays are so laid back.  I have neglected taking pictures of random life events lately, so I will start doing that again.
Until next time!
 

No comments: