Monday, June 8, 2015

Fishing pond

It's the simple pleasures in life that make me happy. 

Hello! I am back east, my spring has been lovely so far, and the farm is bursting with life and growth. I will need to do a walk around of the farm and take some pictures to post. The other day, Oliver and I finished our work early, and decided to go fishing up at his new pond. 


We used my dads old rusty tackle box, which I think he used when he was in high school. Oliver had a small container of trout eggs to use for bait, since we didn't feel like searching for worms.


It took me a little while to figure out how to cast the line, but I finally got it down!


Oliver caught this big guy first. 


And then I caught one! I was excited since it is the first fish I have caught since I was about 12 :) 



This is why I say that it is the simple pleasures in life that make me so happy. Going fishing for an hour, catching a fish and throwing it back, taking pictures to capture memories and moments, I love things like this. 
I'll keep you posted for exciting news in the future!!




No comments: