Friday, May 15, 2015

A Quaint Danish Town


There is a town in California near the Pacific Coast Highway called Solvang. I visited it the other day, and absolutely loved the place! Apparently awhile ago, a large group of Danish settlers came out west and built this town. They built it exactly like back home in Denmark, so there are windmills and the style of houses and streets are totally Danish. 



The place was adorable! Of course, it has turned into a tourist attraction now, so the streets are lined with restaurants and little shops. 




This chocolate factory looked amazing...but I resisted. I didn't get anything haha






We ate at this cute little cafe right on the Main Street. It was delicious...





Of course, I was having the time of my life because of all the little antique and cuckoo clock shops...






So now you have also seen the beautiful, historic town of Solvang! 
I'm enjoying these last few days before I fly home to PA for part of the summer. 
Until later!

No comments: