Monday, January 8, 2018

Bring on the New Year!

Well hello after all of the holidays, readers!  I We had a great Christmas Eve service at our church, both morning and evening.  On Christmas Day, Dan went and plowed since we got some snow on Christmas Eve.  I got the house cleaned and finished wrapping Dan's Christmas presents. 
 
This year, we both decided that we didn't want any expensive gifts.  So Dan made me most of my Christmas presents!  I will post pictures of them in my next post.  The other presents we got came from the Dollar Tree.  Honestly, you can get a lot of good stuff at the Dollar Tree- needful things that you will actually use.  So we did that this year. 
 
Dan's mother flew into Albany on Christmas afternoon and we picked her up at the airport, brought her home and ate Christmas dinner.  It was a nice time. 
The week passed very quickly, even though the temperatures were verrrry low.  
 
On New Years Day, Dan and I drove down to Pennsylvania to spend the day with my family.  It was a great day. 
I took tons of pictures, so please bear with me!  I rarely get to see my family, so when I do, I go camera-crazy! :D
 
Mark, holding Charlotte, his daughter. 


Oliver, holding Isabelle, his daughter!
 
And Ryan, holding Caroline, his very newborn daughter!  She was only born the week before Christmas!

 
I got to hold little Caroline as well.  She is so tiny and cute!

 
 
My mother, holding Charlotte.

 
Since the number of nieces and nephews grows every year, we don't buy each child presents.  Instead, each child has a stocking and we all bring some small things to fill the stockings with.  It seems to work very well and I think the kids really enjoy it. 
I got a few pictures of them, sifting through the Goods!
 
Sawyer


 
Little Willy



Tabitha and Abigail
 

 
 




 
After that, the children went to play with toys or eat their candy from the stockings- I'm not sure which!  :)  Then the adults did a gift exchange.  I think this years exchange was the best so far!
 
Sarah, opening her present.

 
Lizzie, with Oliver and Isabelle looking on.

 
Daniel picked an awesome present!  Turned out to be women's lotions and body wash! :D

 
Martha, opening her present.


 
Mark's gift was funny. 

 
Daniel had brought the gift Mark opened, and each box contained another box which contained yet another box.  After unwrapping five boxes (I think), Mark thought this was his present.  Of course, it was just the box and the present was still inside yet another box. 


 
Billy found the one gift card!

 
Lydia, opening her present.

 
Annnnnd, she got ratchet straps!  The really nice kind!!  :D

 
I really wanted to take this picture, because this past year (2017) was the first year that all five of us (Keckler sisters) were all pregnant at the same time.  So from the Left to the right...
Lizzie had her baby in August
Lydia had her baby in October
Katie had her baby in December
Martha is due to have her TWIN babies in March
Sarah is due to have her baby in April
And I am due in May. 
 
Pretty amazing. 

 
Then of course, our traditional family group photo!  The lighting wasn't very good on the camera, but at least you can see all of the faces! :D



It really WAS an incredible New Year.  Of course, this post is rather late, since it has already been 2018 for a week now. 
Though late, I wish you all a happy 2018! 

2 comments:

Nina said...

Love the pictures :) especially the one of all you girls. Whose house is this? I don't recognize it lol
Deanna

*~Virginia~* said...

This is at Katie's house!