Wednesday, January 17, 2018

Life in the now...

In my last post, I said that I would show you all pictures of what Dan made me for my Christmas presents!  Well, I have had these old family photos from my mothers side of the family for several years now, but just haven't been able to find the right sized frames for them.  I mentioned it to Dan one day that I really wanted to frame these pictures.  He asked to see them, and then made me these frames, using wood from our old house in Baltimore and wood from the brush area behind our house here in New York. 
 
I love them so much!
 
 
Taking pictures of pictures sometimes ends up looking odd because of all the light in the reflections. 



Those were for sure my favorite Christmas gifts! 
 
 
We have been keeping ourselves busy!  Last week, Dan found an Amish family in Whitehall who owns a sawmill and sells truckloads of firewood for cheap, so he went and got two pickup loads full.  It was cheap because they were still log-sized.  So we spent a day cutting it up, and carrying it down into the basement of our house downtown. 
 



 
My next post will be updating you all about our house downtown.  I haven't posted about it before, but we purchased another fixer-upper.  Check back in the next few days for a long post about that!
 
 
When I went to visit my family at New Years, my dad gave me a huge box full of apples.  So I made applesauce one day.  Dan absolutely loves applesauce, so it worked out perfectly!  I've been saving up every emptied cottage cheese and yogurt container for a few months now.  I knew they would come in handy...I just didn't know what I'd end up using them for!
 
 
And the last two pictures aren't really news or anything, but just things I wanted to share. 
 
The other day, I couldn't figure out what to have for lunch and raided the fridge to see what I could come up with that wouldn't be too hard or take too long.  I found two packages of those canned crescent rolls that are buttery and delicious.  I had bought them for a Christmas party in the beginning of December and ended up not needing them all.  So I decided to make a Stromboli with them.  Since I didn't have any ham or sausage or pepperoni on hand, I used bacon. 
It was amazing. 
We ate the whole Stromboli in one sitting.

 
And the other morning, I decided to try making egg and cottage cheese pancakes.  My midwife reminded me that I need to be making sure I get enough protein, so cottage cheese is my go-to protein food. 
Anyway, they were delicious! 

 
So that's it for this post.  Again, check back later if you'd like to see the fixer upper we bought in downtown Granville! 

No comments: