Sunday, March 8, 2020

A month has passed...

A whole month has gone by and we are doing just dandy.  I've been really bad about taking pictures lately, so this post will be nearly photo-less. 
Our biggest news for the month of February is that Dan and I are trying our hand at being hosts on a popular "vacation rental" website.  We're trying this with the fixer upper we just finished.  In the month of February, we searched diligently for good deals on new and used furniture to furnish the house with.  We listed our furnished home last week and have several bookings already.  Dan really wanted to try giving it a shot before we try to do a rental.  I finally agreed to try it for a year and see how it does.  Here are a few photos of the completed house.  And yes, we still have snow on the ground!

 


 


 







 
On the family side, Gwendolyn is saying SO many words!  Dan and I tried to write down all of the ones she has been saying, but we lost track after about 200.  Lucinda loves to crawl and just recently started pulling herself up on furniture.  It won't be long before she'll be walking.
 
We celebrated Fastnacht Day once again by making apple fritters and fastnachts.  Gwendolyn enjoyed helping make donuts. 
February was a very snowy and cold month for us.  It seemed every day was in the single digits, teens or twenties.  Since it became March however, it has been in the 40's and 50's during the days and only gets to freezing temperatures at night.  Spring is on its way!  We can feel it in the air! Our inches and inches of snow has begun to melt.  Word on the street is that its supposed to be 60 degrees tomorrow!  We'll be spending most of the day outdoors for sure!
 
 I have been cleaning out my cupboards, closets and such, gathering things to sell at this years town-wide yard sale.  I recently saw a post on craigslist a woman was giving away all of her daughters old books.  I went to her home and came back with three huge totes full...but I had no room to even store them!  So I'm cleaning out for real.  I think I'll get rid of some furniture too.

I hope all of you are staying healthy and are enjoying this beautiful weather as I am! 
Hopefully next time I'll have more photos to post.  They're so much more fun.  :)

2 comments:

Nina said...

Wow, that was a fast reno! Looks beautiful and such a neat idea! Hope it works well for you guys!
Deanna

The K. Family said...

House looks great! I would rent it if I was in that area!