Sunday, March 15, 2020

My Thoughts and life here and now

Hello friends and readers!
So much can change in just the matter of a few weeks, can't it?  We can go from one week going about our weeks as if nothing in the world is going to change, and then realizing that the world as we know is has gone completely crazy. 
I don't know how your state is, but here, the panic, frenzy, and fear is real amongst so many.  I've taken a back seat to the social media posts I see all week, but after seeing all 50 (or so) surrounding schools closing for a month, the restaurants closing, and grocery stores not having toilet paper, wipes, soap or meat of any kind in stock...it can start to get to you a little.  Yesterday I was reminded though that God has not given us (Christians) the spirit of fear, but of POWER, of LOVE, and of a SOUND MIND.  The world is not acting in power, love and certainly not with a sound mind in regards to the spread of this pandemic, the coronavirus. 
I continue to pray for those who are ill with it, those in quarantine, and those who are grieving loved ones lost to it. 
 
That being said, I refuse to give in to the panic striking our country. 
Thanks to the two road kill Dan picked up (deer) last year, we have venison in the freezer and enough blended frozen banana and shredded zucchini to last us awhile.  :)
 
We're being safe, continuning to wash our hands like we have done before there ever was a virus, and are still living our lives. 
 
On to the pictures for this post.   
The other week I mentioned that we were searching for furniture for our rental.  We came across a lady who was selling a whole garage full of furniture for very cheap.  We picked out what we liked and I really liked this bed.  I've always loved beds with posts.  Ours had a large headboard and posts, but we decided to try switching frames.  This frame came to stay at our house and ours went to the rental.  So far, I like it.  It has drawers in the bottom of it. 
 
 
Also, in our search, I came across a lady on craigslist who was giving away this chair for free because a family member had sat in it and completely busted the back off of it.  Some internal piece of wood was broken in the chair.  I brought it home, Dan took it apart and fixed it.  So now we have a chair that somehow, perfectly matches the walls of our room (not easy to match!).

 
Gwendolyn and Lucie are growing fast.  Lucie figured out how to walk with the walker and to climb up the stairs.  She's very mobile.  Together, they love to climb in the kitchen cupboards and play with the canned goods and pots and pans. 

 
Smoothie time.

 
And playing in the laundry basket

 
Gwendolyn and I, playing in the snow.

 
While perusing our local antique store, I saw that outside there was a collection of old trunks.  I'm a old trunk lover, so I asked the owner how much they were.  The lowest one was $35.  I was surprised at myself when I found myself haggling a little bit and said that I would take two IF he gave them to me for $30 for both.  He said "$35 and we have ourselves a deal."
So I have two new trunks.  One of them has a hole in the front which Dan says he can fix.  This one, though missing the straps (of course) and the clasp and handles, is intact.  Since Dan has been so busy working for some clients, I am taking on the job of bringing this one back to life.  I'll be sure to take an "after" photo when I finish it.   


 
That's it for now!  Stay safe you guys!  Don't give in to the panic and fear that our society without God is experiencing.  God knows everything that's happening and He is still in control.  Nothing is out of His power. 
 

No comments: