Wednesday, October 7, 2009

The Apple Harvest Festival

On Saturday I went to the Apple Harvest Festival in Ardentsville. Its this REALLY HUGE festival which has become really famous on the East Coast. Its always held at the South Mountain fairgrounds which is about 10 minutes from my church. I only went because we had two free tickets given to us by Oliver's Boy Scout Troop. His troop was making and selling Pizza there, so we had to go pick Oliver up after his shift was over.
I managed to get this picture of Oliver in his chef hat. :-)

Oliver and Martha were having a ball looking at all of the antique tractors...I was just bored. :-)

I personally think that the whole festival is overrated. There were probably THOUSANDS of people there though, and I saw car license plates from New Hampshire, NC, and IL!













This "Apple" looks interesting but it looked like something that I should take a picture of. :-)



The Apple Harvest is one of those events that the streets are closed for. It's the equivalent of a HUGE state fair/craft show.
Its always held the first two weekends in October.
Strangely enough, I've lived here my whole life, and that was my first time going to it. It was..... interesting...:-)

No comments: