Tuesday, April 3, 2012

10 Things I will Always Remember about my Childhood...


1.
Eating frozen Whoopie Pies in the summer time
2.
Jumping on hay bales in the barn
3.
The smell of cedar on my pillow when I would go
to sleep (from the cedar chest)
4.
Playing dutch blitz with my whole family
5.
Riding in the back of our old blue pickup,
singing.
6.
Harvesting potatoes by hand behind the tractor
plow
7.
Having sour-grape eating contests with my
siblings
8.
Writing letters to my dad every night he went to
work
9.
Memorizing Bible verses as a family, using
Memlock
10.
Playing Hide and Seek inside the house with my
Dad and siblings.
These are only ten of the things I will always remember. As I started thinking about my childhood, so many good memories came to mind. I had to limit myself to only 10. So many things change as I get older, but one thing that will NEVER change is my love for my family. Things are different in many ways, but it doesn't take much thinking to just go back to my childhood days and remember all I have to be thankful for. It's more than I can even express.

No comments: