Monday, April 9, 2012

He is not here, for He is Risen!

Happy Resurrection Day!

I remember when I was young, I was part of a play at my church. I was an angel along with a girl named Lindsey and my speaking part was "He is not here, for He is Risen. Come see the place where the Lord lay." I was just thinking of that today and remembering how excited I was to have a part in the play: a speaking part at that...
If I got so excited about having a short speaking part in a play THEN, how much more excited should I be now about that very famous line I had?
It is amazing to think that I am "risen with Christ" into the newness of life.
I was recalling a verse today and just thought I would share it on here:
"Believe on Him that raised up Jesus our Lord from the dead; Who was delivered for our offences, and was raised again for our justification." - Romans 4:24b-25
Sometimes I forget that the symbol of my faith is not ONLY the cross, but the open tomb that proves I serve a God who is ALIVE, not dead.
When I think of the many tombs in the world, several come to mind. The many Egyptian Mummy pyramids, and numerous cemetery's where famous people are buried.
The thing that sets Christianity apart from all other religions is what the grave does NOT contain.
I just thought of all of that today and though it is scattered, I wanted to share it.
Hope you all had a wonderful Resurrection Sunday!

No comments: