Monday, April 30, 2012

Devil's Chair

I love hiking! 

I went hiking with my friends, Leslie and Rebekah to the Devil's Punchbowl. When we went last time, we only hiked the short loop because it was almost dark. This time, we had all afternoon so we went for the gold! The Devil's Chair is an out-and-back hike that comes to 7.8 miles.
Of course, I took tons of pictures...
This is me, in the "chair" at the end of the trail. 




It was over 70 degrees, but there was still snow on the mountains!


I found the BIGGEST pinecone I've ever seen.  It seriously looked like a pineapple!


Who's king of the mountain? 
I loved the lighting in this picture...



We would not make good girlscouts...we ran out of water!


My new friend, named Sam.




Would you LOOK AT THAT!?



Rebekah and me in the creek.  On our way back, we filled our water bottles with this water.  Since Leslie and I were a little scared to try it, Rebekah was our "Guinea Pig" and didn't die, so we tried it too! 


 
Man, this is a BABY pine cone compared to my other one!
Leslie's *shocked* face


I loved hiking with my friends...
Sometimes, the desert can be absolutely beautiful.  It just depends on your point of view...literally. 

No comments: