Wednesday, November 14, 2012

Birthday Celebrations

Well, I had a wonderful 21st birthday.  I feel so old now...
 
I went over to a church members house on Sunday.  It was so amazing to have a home-cooked meal and sit down at a real kitchen table with a young family.  Being at college and eating SLC food for 2 1/2 months makes you thankful for even just the little things. 
 
This family has 5 children and I had such a fun time jump-roping with them and playing "school" with the little girls.  They insisted on putting stickers on my earrings, so I looked kind of funny after it was all said and done.  Plus my high heel snapped...it's still hanging on by a thread, but they are goners.  Ah well, I wouldn't trade them for the wonderful time that I had.  :)
 
 
 
Leslie's birthday is exactly one week from mine, so we always try to celebrate together.  Since she is going home early for Thanksgiving break though, we celebrated last night, halfway between our two birthdays.  We went to claim jumper and our waitress brought us red velvet cupcakes for our birthdays. YUM. 


All I can say, is that I have a wonderful life.  This week is going by very fast for me, and I'm glad for that.  Next Wednesday, our Thanksgiving break begins!  What will I DO with all of my free time????

2 comments:

Rachel Zupke said...

Happy 21st Birthday, gini!! Glad that you had a good fun day!

love ya,
rachel

*~Virginia~* said...

Thank you Rachel! Love you too! :)