Thursday, November 1, 2012

Life is good...

 
Often, I find myself guilty of rushing through life, not enjoying it fully.  This past week has been one that taught me a lesson.  Last week, one of the college students here was in a very serious bike/car related accident.  He's a friend, and someone I was in freshman speech class with. 
His life is even now hanging in the balance and the Doctors are asking our school to pray for a miracle. 
 
Too often, I see myself counting down the days, but rarely really making the days count.  I don't think there is anything wrong with counting down the days and being excited about going home for a month...however, when that becomes my main focus and I forget temporarily about the here and the now, it becomes a problem. 
 
My fellow college students' accident last week brought me back to reality.  Life can be extremely short.  We are only here for a little while and instead of hoping all of our days fly by quickly, we should cherish each day and treat each one as if we're not expecting to live past it. 
 
Those were just some of my thoughts for today.  I hope everyone is having a wonderful day! Until next time.

No comments: