Friday, November 30, 2012

Roommate time...

Last week I decided it was time for a room-date with the roommates.  I borrowed a friends car and took them to Red Robin.  I chose Red Robin since I have a loyalty card there and get a free burger in my birthday month...:D 
 
We had fun...
 





The other day we decided it was time to decorate for Christmas. 
Miriam had the tree and bulbs from last year and we made everything else from scratch.  It was so much more fun than just buying everything from the store. 
 



So we found this odd banquet-time skirt in the free box and cut it up to make a tree skirt out of. 
Here I am, sewing it up.


 
Miriam insisted on making a star out of a plastic bottle.  I think it made our tree look ghetto, but hey, she had fun doing it.  :D 
 




We decorated our door with snowflakes. 
 
This is my first really lame attempt at a snowflake (I'm not the most creative person) :)
 


This is the skirt that we found.
 



My second attempt was a lot better.  It actually made it to the door.  :)
 


And......the finished result.  :)  It's little and kinda lame, but it makes us feel the Christmas spirit.  :) 
 


There are only 11 days left until I go home...now that's hard to believe!

No comments: