Thursday, January 24, 2013

Going back in time...

I have always dreamed of getting in a time machine and going back in time.  Not very far back in time, but to the 1920's or 1930's.  I love the hear stories of "the old days" from my grandparents and I never tire of hearing them, even multiple times. 
 
One place where I realized I can make this dream of going back in time true, is at the Bedford St. antique shop in Carlisle. 
There are so many interesting gadgets for sale there and all at a very reasonable rate. 
 
 

 
Of course, I was just posing with the pipe....I didn't start smoking.  :)

 
I think of many young women I know, who, upon first getting their house or apartment, want to decorate it in new fashion decor.  While there is nothing wrong with this, I find it so much more lovely to buy antiques and see them being used in decor and even in use. 
 
The other day, my family opened up our antique victorola and listened to a few records. 

 
 

 
There's nothing quite like a good antique store.  I'll never tire of going through them.  

No comments: