Friday, February 27, 2015

Food concoctions

Since living on my own, I have developed a consistently inconsistent diet.  At least I'm consistent in SOMEthing. haha.
 
I love cottage cheese.  It has been my favorite food since I was very very young.  Thankfully, I live right across from a winco, and can get a container of cottage cheese whenever I like.  Lately, I have been trying new cottage recipes using my favorite food.
 
 
The tried and true; use cottage cheese as a salad dressing!  Sometimes I mix it with ranch, but other times I just use the cottage cheese.  It's really quite amazing, and I'm sure, much healthier than ranch dressing. 

 
I tried making cottage cheese pancakes as well! Those were a success for sure.  They were different from your typical pancake, much heavier, but healthier, since they weren't bready...they were eggy and cottage cheesy. :)

 
And when combined with bacon, I mean, they were fantastic!

 
And my last cottage cheese concoction: Cottage cheese egg puffs.  Basically, they are miniature quiche's.  Bite-sized casseroles!  :) 

 
I love trying new things.  But as you can see, my main staples remain cheese, eggs and meat.  Although I do have my salads as well :)
 
Hopefully I will have another post soon! 


1 comment:

Optimistic Existentialist said...

Cheese, eggs, and meat. My favorite three food staples :)