Monday, February 2, 2015

Seattle and Pike Place Market

So I still have a few more pictures from my trip to Washington.  We went to Seattle one day and saw some sights.  We could see the city and the space needle from this park area.  It was nice 
 
 
When we went to the park, I was playing with the three littlest kids and there were these spin chair things.  They were SO much fun!  I had never seen one before...
After spinning casually in it for about 10 minutes or so, I felt slightly sick.  About six hours later, I was sicker than a dog.  For real.  I haven't been that sick since I was about 11 or 12.  So...the lesson I learned: too much spinning does not sit well with me.  At ALL!

 
After the park, we went to Pike Place Market.  It was absolutely huge...and I looked for the flying fish.  But alas, the employees were not throwing the fish around that day!  So disappointing. 
 
I met a man who introduced himself to me as I was standing against a wall, watching the open air musicians playing their instruments.  He said he had just arrived in the United States from Russia.  He was pleasant. 
 
The strangest thing about the Pike Place Market was definitely how short the bathroom stalls were.  They seriously came about to my shoulders.  And I stand 5 foot 5 inches.  It may be odd that I noticed them...but it was disconcerting for sure knowing how short they were!


 
I have to say, I was humored by the spelling on this raspberry sign.  Being accustomed to going to farmers markets, I couldn't help but wonder if maybe the people spelled "Razzberry" wrong on purpose so as to attract attention...? 

 
We went to Beechers cheese store, where I sampled the most amazing cheese curds I have ever had in my entire life.  They seriously were terrific. 

 
On our way back to the house, we stopped at a pull off at Puget Sound or nearby.  It was really pretty.


 
We found TONS of sand dollars.  A man who was there at the beach told us that it was because of the fresh water and salt water combination.  There were natural springs just bubbling up out of the sand in some places. Those places were where we found tons of the sand dollars.  I kept one of them as a keepsake.



 
It was a really fun day.  Except of course, the too much spinning.  It was no fun being so sick. 
My next post will be the last one with Washington pictures!


No comments: