Saturday, February 7, 2015

My Cessna 172 ride

I was able to ride in a Cessna 172 when I was visiting in Washington.  A man in the church there is studying to be a missionary pilot and needs to log so many hours of practice time flying.  So he offered to take me up with Joseph.  I remember flying in a small airplane one time when I was about 10 or 11 for a sort of homeschool field trip.  But that was the only time. 
 
 
 
As you can tell from the picture, I was very excited!  I have flown so many times on the huge planes...but this was a new experience, so I was excited to try something new. 

 
Joseph was pretty excited too. 


 
Take off was actually like, the smoothest takeoff I've ever experienced.  Much smoother than a normal jet.  I really couldn't even feel when we were off of the ground...

 
We were originally planning to fly up to Mt. Rainier and see it up close, but since the mountain was covered with clouds and fog, we flew out to the harbor port in Seattle. It was definitely equally beautiful!

 
If you look at the picture below closely, you can see TONS of containers, and right in the middle, what looks like tiny white things.  Those are all cars!  And the containers are full of brand new cars as well, shipped from overseas. 
 
 

 
At one point in the flight, Joseph took over the controls.  I was concerned for my life for about 10 seconds.  No, just kidding.  He did good!

 
After we landed, Abby and Lydia got in the plane and looked around.  It was such a nice time!

 
I'm one step closer to fulfilling one of the things on my bucket list..to sky dive.  :)  Who knows, maybe that will never happen. 
It was a lot of fun.  My next post will be up-to-date.  I need to start taking some pictures of my life in California again.  :) Until later!

No comments: