Wednesday, April 22, 2015

Poppy Season in Lancaster!

Well, the CA poppy festival was this past weekend. In honor of California's state flower, I went to the poppy reserve. Unfortunately, there actually weren't very many poppies out. I think they bloomed earlier than normal this year. 







I was with Dan, and he saw a man with a camera walking up one of the paths. Dan yelled out "Hey, do you want to take a picture of us?" And the man turned around...wouldn't you know it...he was a reporter! He said that yes, he would love to take a picture of us. So here we are, in the Los Angeles Times, posing for a picture. 


I was sooooo embarrassed at first, but now looking back, it was fun to get in the paper haha. 
I'm sorry I haven't posted much lately. My laptop completely died on me, so I have been forced to use my iPad. And while I love taking pictures with it, it is hard to upload them to my blog. So I shall attempt to do better these next week with pictures and posts! Until later!

1 comment:

Diwakar said...

Hello VirGINIa. So good to know you and your testimony about your christian life through your profile on the blogger and the blog post. I am glad to stop by your blog post which gives me an opportunity to share with you a program our church in Mumbai, india has for the young and the adults from the West. I am in the Pastoral miinistry for last 37yyrs in this great city of Mumbai a city with great contrast where richest of rich and the poorest of poor live. We reach out to the poroest of poor with the love of Christ to bring healing to the broken hearted. We also encourage young and the adults from the west to come to Mumbai to work with us during their vacation time. we would love to have you come to MUMBAI with your friends to work with us during your vacation time. I am sure you will have alife changing experience. My email id is: dhwankhee(at)gmail(dot)com and my name is Diwakar Wankhede. Looking forward to hear from you very soon. God's richest blessings on you.