Wednesday, September 27, 2017

Taking the Next Step!

An important event occurred in my life this year and I forgot to post about it.  On May 3rd, 2017, I was able to graduate from West Coast Baptist College with my masters degree in music.  I was really excited about that because I had been working on it for three years. 
 
I finished my thesis project just one week before graduation, and that was a HUGE relief. 
 
Dan and I flew to California on Tuesday and arrived just in time to attend the special dinner that was prepared for the graduates and their families. 
 
This picture is of five of the music masters students.  The four of us on the left were graduating.

 
Wednesday Morning, Dan took this picture of me as I was driving to the college to find out whether I received honor cords or not. 

 
Annnnd...it turned out that YES, I got honor cords, as did all of the other music masters students!  There is only one music masters student missing from this group picture.  This was right before we processed in to the ceremony.

 

 
 
 
After the ceremony, I took a picture with one of my teachers from my undergrad years. 
 

 
It was a memorable time.  I'm so glad that I got my masters degree!  I really didn't question whether or not I should pursue my masters degree at all.  I knew that when I finished my bachelors degree, I wanted to continue learning. 
 
And I'm glad that I did.  I was able to learn so much more; particularly about vocal techniques and directing choral groups. 
 
 
 

1 comment:

Diwakar said...

Hello Virginia. I am a Pastor from Mumbai, India. Congratulations on your graduation in Music. Those are beautiful pictures of yours with some of your friends and others on your graduation day. I am glad to stop by your profile on the blogger and the blog post. I am blessed and feel privileged and honored to get connected with you as well as know you and about your interest in music. I love getting connected with the people of God around the globe to be encouraged, strengthened and praying for one another. I have been in the Pastoral ministry for last 38 yrs in this great city OF Mumbai a city with a great contrast where richest of rich and the poorest of poor live. We reach out to the poorest of poor with the love of Christ to bring healing to the brokenhearted. We also encourage young and the adults from the west to come to Mumbai to work with us during their vacation time. We also encourage young and the adults from the west to come to Mumbai to work with us during their vacation time. we would love to have you come to Mumbai to work with us during your vacation time. Our young people in the church will be so blessed if they get time to spend with you in their Bible study and other activities such as leading the praise and worship service. I am sure it will be a life changing experience for you as well as for the poorest of poor people in the slums as well as our youth group and the church people. Looking forward to hear from you very soon. God's richest blessings on you, your family and friends. My email id is: dhwankhede(at)gmail(dot)com and my name is Diwakar Wankhede. Looking forward to hear from you very soon.