Wednesday, October 4, 2017

A Visit home...

 
 
 
Two weeks ago, my grandparents celebrated their 60th wedding anniversary.  My sister planned a surprise anniversary party for them with the family.  So I drove down and spent several days with my parents.  My car needed to be inspected as well, so I took my car to the auto shop for that. 
 
I arrived on Wednesday evening and went right outside and picked some raspberries.  After that, we went to the midweek prayer meeting at church.
 
Thursday was very nice because I was able to spend the whole day with my dad.  He took me to one of my favorite stores (the Amish store, BB's).   
 
 
Friday, I helped my parents around the farm, getting things ready for markets on Saturday!
 
Then on Saturday morning, I went to market in Westminster with my mother.  We were there from about 6AM-12:30PM.  It was a good day and went by quickly. 
 
We stopped and got slushies at Sheetz on our way home, which was nice and refreshing. 
After getting home, we cleaned my parents house.  Then, I drove to Hoss's, where the surprise party was to take place.
 
It was wonderful to see all of the different members of the family show up.  I, of course, was running around trying to take pictures of everyone. 
 

 
My niece, Ella.

 
Oliver, Elisabeth and Isabelle.

 
My parents, and Sarah, Billy, and Willie.

 
I DO have pictures of the surprise, but they are on my phone and will not download for some reason. 
My grandparents were so surprised to see the whole family together, celebrating them.
 
We were able to get one group photo with my whole family, my uncles whole family, and my grandparents.  It's not a good-quality photo, but at least we got one!



Stuart with Jochebed.
 

 
All of the nieces and nephews love uncle Daniel, my brother-in-law. 

 

I wish I had taken better pictures, but at least I got some!  I had a wonderful time at home, especially with my parents.  However, it was my first time being away from Dan for four days in a long time, and I missed him SO much.  After driving back to New York, it was good to be back with my husband. 


No comments: