Monday, February 26, 2018

Slush City, NY

WOW! I am absolutely loving this weather lately!  Last week, the temperatures rose to 70 degrees!  In fact, it was so warm that the snow started melting rapidly.  When 25 inches of snow finally starts to melt, it really looks like a pond. 
 
 
 
 
I suggested to Dan that we go outside and splash around in the puddles.  It brought back memories from childhood! 
One of the best investments we've made since moving to New York was rubber boots. 



 
 
 
The weekend was a little bit icy/rainy. but still beautiful. 
 
Today it got up to 65 degrees, so Chula and I went for a nice walk.  We were finally able to pick up cans and plastic bottles for recycling again!  Its been several months that the cans alongside the road have been covered by snow. 
We picked up 40 cans and bottles (I always keep track so that I know how much money we made that time.  NY gives 6 cents for each un-smashed bottle and can!).
 
Chula has been doing so much better during our walks.  I've been training her to be alert and watching around us while we walk.  Since I'll be taking the baby for lots of walks in the stroller this summer, I want for Chula to be mature and trained well enough to always be on the watch. 
For the longest time, she would put her nose to the ground and just sniff around the whole walk.  It was frustrating.  This halter we got for her really did the trick though.  Now she keeps her head up constantly and looks around for movement of people, animals, cars...everything.  It is GREAT! 

 
All of the New Yorkers here have been warning me,
 "Don't get used to this weather!!  March is the worst month of winter usually!"
So I'm not getting TOO used to the gorgeous weather.  But I'm for sure taking advantage of it while it lasts!

No comments: