Sunday, May 10, 2009

CHAP Convention!

I've been keeping very busy lately! What with baking, and working in the garden. Although Friday and Saturday I managed to take "off"and go with my mom to the CHAP (Christian Homeschool Association of Pennsylvania) Convention. Which is a HUGE event for Homeschool parents and kids. There are a lot of booths set up, selling Homeschool curriculum's, or promoting Christian Colleges ( I went to a lot of those!). There are also workshops for everybody. Many famous speakers who have either been homeschooled or homeschool were there.
I went to CHAP two years ago, but wasn't able to go for the past few years. I decided that I wanted to go this year. So I signed up. :)
This is me, in the car....(blah!)

I thought this picture was appropriate, (with the "homeschool" van in the background) We used to have one of those....but ours was brown.
:)The CHAP convention is always held in the Farm Show Complex. There were about 200 booths there. :)

This was really funny! I was walking past the Pensacola Christian College booth, and then recognized who was manning the table. :) Matt has been at Pensacola for the past two years when I have gone to camp there. He drove all of us to and from the airport, and also helped in the song services. :) It was really funny meeting up with someone I knew from FLORIDA!
Another time, I was walking down a row of booths, and I heard someone calling my name. I turned around and saw Abi, a girl I had met at Pensacola. It was really weird. She and I hung out part of the day, but I wasn't able to get a picture with her...:(
(don't mind me: I look really weird in this picture)


This year, CHAP had something new: Special sessions just for Teens. I signed up to go to them. It was really good! Diana Waring was our speaker, and she was really great!
In this picture, (that's Mrs. Waring standing on the chair) four of the teens are getting ready to act out Jesus and his Disciples...(we were acting out some Bible stories)











And here is a video from our last session. We (the audience) were supposed to be "the wind and the waves roaring". The three guys on the left were disciples and the other guy supposed to be Jesus. It was actually really cool!:)




And this was us, practicing our wind and wave sounds. :)
And that's all I have. I had a load of fun! and I'm hoping to be able to go again next year!
I hope you all are having a good week so far!

4 comments:

Cora Beth said...

I'm so glad you got to go this year! Going to the home school convention is one of the highlights of our year. Diana Waring has done workshops at our conventions too and we've always enjoyed her!!!

*~Virginia~* said...

Yeah she was really great!

Elizabeth J. said...

Hi there! I came across your blog and thought I should comment.:) Your blog looks very interesting especially since I am homeschooled and play the violin and piano as well.:) You can visit my blog if you would like.

*~Virginia~* said...

Hi Elizabeth,
Thanks for visiting!
:)
Your blog looks really nice!
haha, sounds like we've got a lot in common. I saw that you also have quite a few siblings. ;) I do too!