Sunday, May 24, 2009

Sustainable living fair

Yesterday Daddy and I went to the Heartland of Maryland Sustainable Living Fair, to sell our 'wares'.
I don't believe I have ever seen such a group of weird people in all my life. There were people everywhere wearing shirts that said "being Green is easy", "Go Green", "No Incinerators", and tons of others. Don't get me wrong, I have no problem with not littering or recycling, but I mean, these people were over the fence....way over.
One man came right up to me and asked me if I was married. When I told him "No", he went on and on to my dad about how I shouldn't be allowed to marry any guy unless he has blue ribbons tied around his neck. I was so confused, and I didn't understand a WORD he was saying!!!!!
Those are the kind of weird people we met, all day!
It was kinda wearing on you....
BUT,
We got to see some of our customers from The Westminster Farmers Market, so that was nice.
This is a picture of our tent. :)

Our stand was stuck RIGHT in front of the music groups who came in. So, basically we were stuck in this Fair next to these bands which made it so that you had to scream in order for the customers to hear you.
I had a headache by the end of the day!
This band in particular, was REALLY weird.
The guy on the far left, is playing some weird instrument.....it looked like sheet metal. He had a spoon and fork in each hand and was banging them on his "instrument." Daddy and I were laughing so hard, he made me take a picture of it!:)
Anyway, so that was our "Fun" event-filled day! :)
By the way, I DON'T think we're going back next year! :)
hahaha
I guess I'll talk to you later!

3 comments:

Cora Beth said...

We got to see our share of "Weird" people when we went to graduation... I mean, what sense does it make to spray foamy confetti on your classmates' gowns and in their hair? Hmmm....

Naomi K said...

Interesting...there's no love lost between us and "green" people! Oh, and the strawberries look delicious!

*~Virginia~* said...

hahah, thanks! :)