Sunday, March 31, 2013

Visalia

I had the best time I've had in a while last week...I was asked to go to Visalia CA with two other girls from the school, to judge in a Fine Arts competition.  Of course, I agreed.  I am SO glad I did.  We left campus on Monday afternoon and were gone until Wednesday night.  The church we went to, provided gas money and a hotel room, as well as all of our meals. 
 
The trip up was beautiful.  It was nice to see GREEN again!  :)
 
 
 
 
 

The girls kept laughing at me, because I insisted on taking lots of pictures.  But now they're glad I did; because we made so many awesome memories. 

 
 
 
This was our hotel room.  I went out and bought popcorn and gummy worms from the dollar tree.  Man, we had a party.  :) 

 

 
Sarah and I went to breakfast each morning at the hotel.  I'm so glad I got to know this girl!  She's amazing and we had such a good time together.  :)

 
The three of us are on the right, then two more judges; oddly enough I know their brother, so it was a small world.  :)  And across from us are three girls from the school I went to my freshman year!  So I knew all of them as well!  We had so much fun judging together.  It was amazing. 

 
Those are really all of the pictures that I took.  However, I've got so many memories from that trip in my mind!  The church we went to was smaller and so homey and friendly...reminded me of where I want to serve God someday.  I helped judge the instrumental music; that was so much fun!  There were a lot of really talented kids...
 
I won't soon forget that trip...or the wonderful friendships that developed as a result.  Thursday morning, I was definitely not ready to start classes again...:) 
 
Happy Easter everyone!  I'm so excited about the services here; I know that they will be amazing. 
 
Hope everyone has a great time with family and friends today and that you all acknowledge that the real reason for "Easter" Sunday is not a bunny, or eggs, or candy, or even honeyed ham (yum!)...but it is all about Jesus Christ who rose from the grave, thus proving He is the only God.  :D
 
  
Have a wonderful day!

 

No comments: