Thursday, January 22, 2015

Laurel Lake Skating Rink

I left Pennsylvania for California last week on Saturday.  My flight was supposed to leave around noon, so I wanted to do one last thing before leaving PA.  That whole week the temperatures had been in the single digits, and I was hoping it was enough to freeze Laurel Lake nearby the Appalachian trail.  So on Saturday morning at like, 6:30, me and Oliver drove over to Laurel.  Sure enough, it was frozen solid.  It had just snowed like, two days before, so it was a little bumpy, but otherwise, it was good skating! 
 
 
 
Oliver insisted on opening his car windows and trunk and blaring the music so that it would be most like a skating rink. 


 
You can barely see it in this picture, but I fell once and my knee was bleeding profusely.  Okay, maybe not profusely...but it was bleeding!  The blood was all over the ice...it was gross.

 
This picture took about 6 tries to capture correctly, but finally we got it.  :) 

 
It was a really fun morning.  Later, my dad drove me to the airport where there was a mix up with my flight...but I did eventually get back to California.  I was so glad I was able to go home for the Christmas break!  Spending time with my family was the best part.  Now I am ready to start this new semester of teaching piano.  Ready, Set...


No comments: