Thursday, January 22, 2015

New high tunnel!

Right now, I am back in California getting ready to start this next semester...but when I was back in Pennsylvania with my family, I took quite a few more pictures that I never posted.  I know...its terrible how behind I get on this blogging! 
 
So my dad and brother had been working on putting up a new high tunnel.  When I got home at Christmas time, they were just about ready to do the plastic.  I was recruited to help with that part, since it is hard to do with only three people. 
 
 

 
We were going to do it this day, but then the wind picked up to about 9 mph...which doesn't seem like much.  But when four people are dragging a HUGE piece of plastic over a high tunnel...its enough.  So we waited until the next morning to put the plastic on. 

 
When we were bringing all of the tools in, Oliver dropped his brand new Christmas present from his fiancĂ©e...this huge tool set with tons of little pieces.  So me and Oliver spent the next hour or so sitting on the ground outside, putting all of the pieces back in their places :)

 
The next morning we were able to get the plastic on.  It was really hard to do, and even harder to get all of the little air bubbles out. 



 
But when I left Pennsylvania, the whole project was finished except for the electric work.  So I imagine that by now, it is almost ready to plant in!  Pretty exciting!
 

No comments: