Saturday, May 9, 2015

Goodbye McDonald's!


I finally quit my job at McDonald's!! I began working at McDonald's 2 1/2 years ago and I can say this...it helps pay my bills. But my life long dream has never been to rise up the proverbial ladder at McDonald's. My only goal was to help pay for college and living expenses. 
And McDonald's helped me to do that. 
I am now finished with college and ready to move on to the next stage in my life. I've worked there long enough to see many coworkers come and go. McDonald's employees come and go on a regular basis. 

This is one of my coworkers. She encouraged me when I wanted to quit, she made me laugh when I was annoyed or irritated, and she always always always had a kind word to say to me. 
Some of the coworkers I have worked with were characters, to say the least. But I could always count on her to make my day awesome. 


I was so excited on my last day that I took a selfie with my store...


And three of my coworkers surprised me with a cake, cupcakes, a card and lollipop. It was so sweet of them...



The question I always get asked when people find out I work at McDonald's: "Do you hate McDonald's food now?" The answer is no...I'll still go through the drive thru and get a grilled chicken ranch snack wrap any day! You can expect to find a post later about my emotions and thoughts regarding the fast food industry. But for now, I just couldn't wait to post and say "I'm officially done working at McDonald's!" 

1 comment:

Sarah Covey said...

I worked at McDonald's when I was in college too ;) everything you said was very true, lol!! ;P