Sunday, April 19, 2009

My Idea of a WONDERUL Evening!!!!!!!


Wow, this week has just flown by!! On Thursday, some good friends came to visit, and that was REALLY fun! Friday I went to my Home school evaluation, (to see if I passed 11th grade or not) and that went well! Yesterday after cleaning the house and the basement, we (Oliver, Me, Sarah and Daddy) planted about 3,000 onions (which doesn't really sound like much, but it took a while, doing it by hand). Then Sarah and I thought that it would be fun to go to Fuller Lake nearby. I haven't been there since last summer. We used to go there almost every week, and we all loved it there! So we went there and spent some time remembering what we used to do in order to get out of exercising. :)
This is Sarah.

and me

This (of course) isn't the lake, this is a creek that cuts off of the lake. We used to hang out by it all the time!

Me

Sarah at the gate.


Sarah poking her head through the trees....:)
Me, sitting by the lake. The sunset was really beautiful!

me, on the bridge.

After coming back home, I taught Sarah how to make bread, since she wants to make some when she gets back to college. :)

We used to do this all the time!!! We would cross "bridges" which were so rotten that its a wonder they didnt collapse on us. :) Sarah, Oliver and I were the one's who did that.

Well, I guess thats all for now! Hope you all have a wonderful week!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I look horrendous.

Anonymous said...

Also, I think you left out a few pictures that we took of the patrons at Fuller...huh? what's with that?

*~Virginia~* said...

you, my dear, need to start your own blog for them!!!! The Patrons and the inner-tubes.....ah Fond memories! Well, I thought that would be kind of like plagerism, except not completely. I think you'd know what I mean.
and as to your comment about looking horrendous, lets remember that we BOTH had just finished planting 3,000 onions and that we carried like 300 pounds worth of pie fill around!!!!!!:)

Cora Beth said...

I thought you both looked lovely--especially for having just planted onions!!! People here in North Dakota are just starting to work up their gardens, as the warm weather has been late in coming. I still wear a jacket when I go outside, as we've only had highs of 60 degrees. But, Summer is coming--a little birdie told me so. :)
I was wondering if it would be alright with you, Virginia, if I add you to my favorite-blog list?

*~Virginia~* said...

Yeah Cora,
that'd be awesome! I'll add yours to mine as well!!!!!
And thanks!
The other day it was 80 degrees here!!!!!! YAY!!!!! I love the warm weather!