Friday, November 20, 2009

Ever After

A friend of mine recently loaned me one of her many books. She had been absolutely RAVING over this book for months and telling me that I was going to LOVE it!
After opening the package and seeing the book, I was a little let down. By looking at the front cover and reading the back cover, I had the preconceived idea that this book was nothing more than another sappy love story. My friend had given me two other books as well, so I read those within the next two days. Finally, I picked up the book that was so highly praised by my friend. It was a little hard to get into, but after awhile, I could understand what she meant.
About ¾ of way through the book I found myself crying so much that I had to get a tissue. Let me just say that I haven’t cried over a book since I was about 9 and reading about how Crazy Horse was killed by General Custer. This book actually made me cry! I sat the book down about three times because I had to do something else, but each time I picked it back up, I began crying all over again. I’ve come to the conclusion that there are two possible answers to this.
1: I’m getting sappy myself as I get older
2: The book was simply a GREAT story and was written VERY well!
I tend to lean toward the second answer.
So, this is just a short book report to let you all know that if your looking for a beautiful and sad (in some parts) book, read Ever After by Karen Kingsbury.
I certainly enjoyed this book even though it wasn't what I would consider my "first choice" kind of book.
Hope you all enjoy it!
By the way, I won't be posting for a few days as I'm going on vacation for five days! So I'll talk to you all later!

No comments: