Friday, November 27, 2009

Our Vacation to Outer Banks, NC

Hello Everyone! Well, I hope you all had a wonderful Thanksgiving! I know I did! I'll post pictures from Thanksgiving later.
This is a post from our vacation in Outer Banks, NC.
This is the room I stayed in.

The Living room
The Kitchen


On Sunday we visited a church which just happened to be having a dinner that night. We weren't going to stay, but the Pastor and the people there said that we just HAD to! :-D It was very nice!
This is Katie, at church.



On Monday, Oliver went with Katie and Ryan on a ferry ride. I went with my parents to Jockeys State Park, which is basically a lot of sand dunes!:-D
My Parents


The Ocean

















Me on the Sand Dunes
















Me and my Mother


Monday night Katie, Ryan, Oliver and I went wave Jumping. It was SO much fun! Some of those waves were HUGE!:-D


Katie and I








Monday morning we had set an empty pizza box out on our porch and that night when we were sitting in the living room, we heard some noises. Daddy went out and found this opossum in the pizza box. It was actually my first time seeing one. I thought it was a rat!!!
Ugh, it was SO disgusting! :-D


The last day, saying goodbye to the beach. :-(

I had a WONDERFUL time, and I love the ocean!
I hope you all had a great Thanksgiving!

4 comments:

Dan said...

Looks like you had a great time on the Outer Banks. From the pictures you posted, it looks like that section of town was hit pretty hard by Ida. Did you stay in Kitty Hawk?

Thanks,

Dan
Outer Banks Revealed

Anonymous said...

Looks like you had alot of fun. What a nice room! That was very nice of the congregation and the pastor to invite you to the dinner, they sound so welcoming. :) You posted beautiful pictures from the beach, they were breath taking! :)

Many blessings,
Maggie
www.behindtheteenscene.blogspot.com
~Be sure to check out the giveaway at my blog~

*~Virginia~* said...

Dan, we were vacationing in Nags Head. And yes, apparently a Nor'easter (thats the way the people down there said it) had hit just about a week and half before we got there. The beach we stayed on had three houses swept out to sea, and three others were condemned. In spite of the storms, Its a beautiful section of the country down there! Thanks for the comment!
Virginia

*~Virginia~* said...

Maggie, thanks so much for your comment! I always love reading your blog! Your posts are always so refreshing! Keep up the awesome work!!!!!:-D
~Virginia~