Sunday, December 23, 2012

So far?

So far?  My Christmas break has been absolutely lovely! 
On Tuesday my family went to Mark and Lydia's house and had a small Christmas party. 
 
 
I snapped this picture of Katie, Sarah, Martha and Ryan when they weren't expecting it.  :D
 
 
I thought this picture with my dad was funny



 
Hudson wouldn't stop sleeping!  So I woke him up...

 
He wasn't very happy about it...

 
I thought this was a cute picture of Oliver and Hudson

 
The two little cousins...
Hudson and Abigail


 
And my favorite picture from the night!  :D  My nieces and nephew are so cute and precious.  I love them!
 

 
Hard to believe: Tomorrow is Christmas Eve!
On Saturday, I volunteered to ring a bell for the Salvation Army.  It was really a very wonderful experience.  I admit to being one of those who have skirted by the bell-ringers and tried desperately to avoid eye contact with them.  Being on their side of the bell though, I can see it differently.  When I go shopping next time, I will not only donate (if only just the change that I've gotten back), but I will make eye contact and say "Merry Christmas!"
I can see what it is like, to say "Merry Christmas" genuinely and have people walk past in a rush, looking at the floor, for fear that you will try to squeeze money out of them. 
I say "Merry Christmas", not to 'get' people to give money, but to spread Christmas cheer.  After all, Christ is the reason for Christmas. 
In essence, when I wish someone a Merry Christmas, I am wishing that they have a happy time celebrating Christ. 
 
Enough of my diatribe.  I learned a lot, from the short 2-hour bell-ringing opportunity.  I won't soon forget how wonderful it feels, to brighten someones day, by simply smiling and saying "Merry Christmas!!"
 
 


1 comment:

Rachel Zupke said...

Nice post! I rang the bell for Salvation Army too... and totally know what you are talking about!
Merry Christmas, Ginni!! I hope that I can see you again one day!!
love, rachel