Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Junk Mail and Gettysburg :)

wow. That's really all I have to say to the colleges which keep contacting me. :) Seriously, I have gotten an average of ten emails a day from colleges. I don't even know which colleges they are, I just click "unsubscribe" on all of them. Yesterday, I got TEN letters (junk mail) from colleges. Its really kind of funny. Right now, our business, (Orchard Country Produce) is waiting to start planting: But while we wait, we're also getting CSA's, Which stands for Community Supported Agriculture. We're a part of this program. Basically, people pay up front a specified amount, and then when the season starts, we put fruits and vegetables into coolers and hand them out to these people at the markets we go to. It sounds confusing when I'm saying it, because I'm not good at explaining things...but its really not. :) Anyway, we've been getting these subscription forms in the mail. My brother Oliver LOVES opening them...so I try to "beat" him to the mailbox. :) Yesterday, he was almost positive that there would be TONS of CSA's in the mail, so he ran out to the mailbox. When he came back, he was disappointed. :) Instead, he handed me letter after letter of college mail. Anyway, I thought that was funny...:)


On Monday, I went to the new Visitor Center in Gettysburg. I hadn't been there since they put it up last year. Its pretty nice. We went to see the Cyclorama too...which was just a History video.



But anyway, you could say that I had really nothing to say in this post: But I really did. I just needed to say that I was ticked off at the colleges who keep sending me mail (when I SPECIFICALLY said I didn't want any). :)
I'll let you all go now, and talk to you later! ;)

2 comments:

Ana Smith said...

They're out for our money, Virginia. lol, I feel your pain, er, annoyance. ;-)

*~Virginia~* said...

hahaha!!!! Righto Ana! :)