Friday, February 20, 2009

Today Sarah and I made a trip into Mechanicsburg to get our x-ray files from a dentist that we went to two months ago. You don't know how glad I was to leave that place for good.
When we went there two months ago, We sat in the waiting room for about an hour before they called us back. Then we waited in the dentist room(whatever its called) for about two MORE hours. FINALLY, the Dentist came in, and checked our teeth in about ten minutes. She said that i had six cavities, and Sarah had three, not to mention Oral Cancer. After she was done checking our teeth, we went to the front desk, and the receptionist informed us that we were going to have to pay $80 for each cavity, AND that we both had to have our wisdom teeth cut out (They're not even IN yet). Anyway, so, we went back to our old dentist and he told us both that we had NO cavities at all and Sarah did NOT have Oral Cancer. So basically, Aspen Dental is full of quacks. I really wouldn't recommend them. Maybe its just the Mechanicsburg location though, I'm not sure...:)
This is Sarah, she was happy because we were leaving Aspen Dental.


After that, we went to my favorite clothes store, ROSS, to celebrate. :)
And then we went to a Party Store, because Sarah needed to pick up some stuff.


While I was there, I tried on some hats...this is me as a confederate Soldier.

Sarah



Me wearing a Camouflage Cowboy Hat...interesting...



Anyway, so not a very eventful day, but it was a happy day. :) No more Aspen Dental Care for us!!!:)

3 comments:

David Heath said...

Hi Virginia, this story is amazing. I'm a reporter looking into this sort of fraud and I'd really like to talk to you about your experience. My email is dheath@publicintegrity.org and my number is 202-481-1219. You could help others in the same situation. Thanks so much.

Keelytm said...

Wow, I can't believe that dentist told your friend she had mouth cancer. Not only is he a quack, but he's really insensitive (that's the mild way to put it). I am so glad you were able to go back to your normal dentist and find out that everything is okay. I feel like it's always good to stick to your same dentist, if at all possible. I've been going to the same dentist in Meridian for the past ten years, even though I have to commute a little now to get there.

*~Virginia~* said...

I agree. I think at the time, our insurance was changing and we needed to find a new dentist. At any rate, I'm thankful that we are back to our family dentist now where we won't get 'misdiagnosed.'
David, I just recieved your message. I would love to help!